The essential Job Functions/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Making planned home visits to evaluate patients’ physical abilities and disabilities.
- Developing and implementing a plan of care based on his/her evaluation in accordance with approved physician’s orders.
- Identifying problems and providing intervention.
- Suggesting appropriate changes in patient’s program, to be approved by the physician.
- Advising and conferencing with other members of the interdisciplinary team and family regarding the plan of Care and Services.
- Conferencing with the Director of Rehab Services as needed to , assure accountability to professional standards.
- Administering physical, and/or mechanical treatments competently, to achieve identified goals.
- Observing, recording and reporting to the physician and program personnel, the patients’ reaction to treatment and any changes in patient’s condition.
- Identifying problems with the operation and/or safety of equipment placed in the patients’ home and follow-ups appropriately.
- Recording quality assurance data, as needed.
- Preparing and maintaining clinical notes according to the policies of the Agency and Occupational Therapy Standards.
- Attending and participating in team meetings and conferences, as required.
- Participating in orientation and in-service programs.
- Graduate from an Occupational Therapy Curriculum approved by the American Occupational Therapy Association or the Council of Medical Education of the American Medical Association.
- Current New York State Licensure and registration as an Occupational Therapist in New York State.
- At least 2 years experience. Home Care experience preferred.
- Must be able to work independently, have demonstrated patient teaching skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, and home health care related software programs.
- Must have a car with current insurance coverage and a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to travel extensively.
This description is intended to be a specific statement regarding this position. It may be modified by Family Care Certified Services, at any time to include new and/or updated tasks.
About Tri-Borough Home Care Ltd
Welcome to Tri-Borough’s Home Care family. Tri-Borough Home Care is licensed by New York State to provide home health care services in Brooklyn, Bronx, New York City, Queens, Staten Island and the Lower Hudson Valley region. We are a patient centered Organization whose purpose is to serve the homebound population with a high level of professional and supervised care. Our patient’s care is managed by providing complete and comprehensive home therapy.
Tri-Borough Home Care is seeking to fill the following positions: Home Health Aides, Personal Care Assistants and Certified Nurse’s Aides.
In the Community
Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Staten Island, Long Island and the Lower Hudson Valley.
How to Apply