The Employee Health Nurse Practitioner’s main focus is the prevention and treatment of injuries and illnesses derived from the work environment. Providing employee health services relative to on-boarding examinations, immunizations, assessing employee wellness and testing under the direction of the supervising physician and maintenance of employee health records: They are educators, researchers and consultants.
- Graduation from an approved school for Nurse Practitioner and a graduate of an approved school for Registered Nurse.
- Possess current New York State license as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner.
- Master’s in Public Health, Occupational Health Nursing, Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner.
- AHA Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) within six (6) months of hire.
- Prefer National certification related practice such as Family Nurse Practitioner or Certified Occupational Health Nurse.
- Possess one (1) year experience working in clinical medicine, clinic or urgent care.
- Possess a working knowledge of DNV, CDC, New York State Department of Health and OSHA Infection Control/Employee Health requirements; DOH and EPA regulations relative to regulated medical waste.
- Possess knowledge of epidemiologic principles and research on nosocomial infections.
- Possess the knowledge of hospital policies and procedures and computer operations.
- Possess knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the lifespan in order to provide appropriate care/intervention/education to the staff and the patient population.
- Possess knowledge of adult education principles.
About Nathan Littauer Hospital & Nursing Home
Nathan Littauer Hospital & Nursing Home in Gloversville, NY is unique and proud! Experience working for a fiercely independent, financially stable, not-for-profit hospital system. Nathan Littauer Hospital & Nursing Home is a patient-centered, rural hospital delivering clinically astute, relevant healthcare to a grateful community. Be a part of something big and small. Join our team today
How to Apply