The Certified Nurse’s Assistant performs direct and indirect care to promote the comfort, safety, convalescence and rehabilitation of residents as directed by the Nurse Manager, Clinical Coordinator, Nursing Supervisor, and/or the Charge Nurse. The Certified Nurse’s Assistant must be competent in all skills on the resident care skills orientation checklist.
Certified Nurse Aide Certification
Current NYS certification as a certified nursing assistant, or eligible for certification within four (4) months of hire.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to adapt to changes in schedule and rotation to weekend schedule to meet resident
• Ability to deal tactfully with residents, families and other employees and cope with the
physical and mental stress of the position.
• Ability to understand and carry out directions and instructions.
• Ability to report changes in resident’s condition and other pertinent information.
• Ability to take and record information and basic records.
• Knowledge of MS Office and able to learn new software rapidly
Responsible for residents assigned to his/her care with respect to the following general list of duties:
• Performs resident care according to policy/procedure and standards as delegated by the
NM, CC, RN, or Charge Nurse.
• Assists in maintaining a clean and safe environment for the resident, visitors, and other staff.
• Recognizes and responds to emergent situations efficiently and effectively.
• Assists the resident with ADLs and any special care needs as indicated on the resident care
• Sets priorities according to resident’s needs, organizing and reprioritizing work throughout
• Ensures necessary supplies/equipment for patient care are available and stored efficiently.
• Observes residents for specific signs and symptoms as instructed by team leaders.
• Reports changes in the resident’s behavior or condition to the team leader.
• Demonstrates appropriate knowledge base and technical skills when performing resident
care. Uses skills and knowledge according to resident’s identified geriatric and age-related
needs. Demonstrates understanding of role limitations relating to patient care.
• Documents resident care accurately using appropriate tool and in a timely manner.
• Ability to be involved with family members or other support persons while providing care
Skilled Nursing Facility